This is one my favorite pretty skin-making smoothies, that is not only energy-boosting and delicious, but a great way to get in those key foods of protein, veggies, fruits, and good fats. I find this an excellent foundation for a healthy breakfast, and the perfect way to start my day.
- Protein: 2-2 1/2 scoops ( I love Truvani or Vital Proteins)
- Carbohydrates: 1/2-1 cup of fresh or frozen berries + a banana or similar fruit
- Fats: 2 tablespoons of of seeds-ground flax, chia, pumpkin or hemp seeds OR 1 tablespoon of nut butter OR 1/4 cup of nuts (almond, cashew or walnuts)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Add a few handfuls of spinach or other leafy green
- Add cinnamon, ground ginger or raw cocoa/cacao to taste
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
(Recipe by Chanel Jenae)